Gluten Free Waffles!!2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“Being new to a gluten-free diet can be frustrating, but it doesn't mean you have to avoid the foods you enjoy. Made with sweet sorghum flour and tapioca starch, these waffles will be nice and crispy on the outside, while light and fluffy on the inside! Separating the eggs is optional, but worth the extra work! Instead of regular syrup, top with apple butter, greek yogurt, or berries. My husband and son love peanut butter on their waffles. You can add 1-2 teaspoon of cinnamon for extra flavor.” - by Gen
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Spray iron with cooking spray.
- Mix sorghum flour, tapioca starch, sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat chicken and duck egg whites until foamy in a large glass or metal mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites will form soft mounds rather than a sharp peak.
- Beat egg yolks, almond milk, applesauce, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl. Continue beating while gradually adding the flour mixture; blend until smooth. Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Pour 2/3 cup batter onto preheated waffle iron. Cook until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 298 cal
- 3.9 g
- 56 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Best gluten-free recipe yet! For a little healthy-fat, I substituted coconut oil for the applesauce and that just made them even better--plus they didn't stick so bad and came out crispier--bonus all ..." See morethe way around! Definitely a make again and again kind of recipe!"
"Agreed, Best gluten-free waffle recipe! I usually have Greek yogurt available, so I use this as a substitute for the applesauce. I also use this recipe for pancakes and eliminate the vanilla:) To ad..." See mored more nutrition I add: 1/8-1-4 cup of Flaxseed and/or substitute Stevia for the sugar! I LOVE this recipe!!! Kudos!"
Gluten Free Red Velvet Cake
Raisin Pumpkin Bread Gluten Free
Just swipe to see more like this.