Almond Chocolate Coconut Cups22 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“I found the recipe for Almond Joy Cake at cakerecipe.com and wanted to find a way that I could add it to the goodies that I make at Christmas time. This is what I came up with.” - by ZIPITY
Original recipe yields 6 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease mini-muffin tins.
- In a bowl, combine cake mix, egg, 1/2 cup melted margarine and flour until well blended. Roll into 1 inch balls and place in prepared mini-muffin pans. Press into bottom and up sides of muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes, until set.
- While cups are baking, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup evaporated milk in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 2 minutes, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in marshmallows until melted. Stir in coconut until well combined. Spoon into baked shells while mixture is still warm.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/4 cup evaporated milk, chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons margarine. Microwave on high 1 minute, remove from oven and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in almonds until well coated. Spoon over coconut mixture and spread to cover. Cool completely before removing from pans. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
Amount Per Serving (72 total)
- 94 cal
- 5.6 g
- 10.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (22)Rate This Recipe
"Had to give this 5 stars because I loved them but had to make a few changes. First change was the crust...I mixed all the ingredients and it was not a consistency for rolling into balls so added anot..." See moreher egg and some water. I then baked the crusts for 10 minutes which seemed too long when I took them out of the oven...they got very crunchy but after having the filling in them softened up a little. Next time I will check them after 5 minutes. The coconut filling is awesome! After reading the other review about the chocolate topping not setting up I decided to add less milk to the mixture, next time I will double the amount of chocolate topping because I had to make more. With all that said these were awesome! Everyone loved them and their were many request for the recipe. Thank You, Patty!"
"These were fabulous! Like the other reviewers suggested, I def recommend adding the extra egg to the fudge cake batter, cutting back on the milk in the chocolate topping, and pressing your thumb in th..." See moree cups while taking them out of the oven. Also, bc not everyone in my family likes coconut, I substituted graham crackers for coconut in half the marshmellow mix, keeping the rest of the recipe the same...they turned out like little s'more cups. These were gobbled up so quick I had to make more for the true event!!"
"Used them for my son's catering business. Everyone really enjoyed them. I did as was suggested and added another egg to the cake batter and only used 2 tablespoons of milk in the frosting. Also aft..." See moreer baking cups for 7 minutes, I thumbprinted the cups and baked another 2 minutes. They were perfect for the filling. I didn't spread the frosting all the way to the outside. They looked prettier."
Chocolate Almond Marble Cheesecake
Almond Coconut Chocolate Cookie Balls
Just swipe to see more like this.