Wheat and Dairy-Free Blackberry Pie1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“My sister is allergic to wheat, dairy, oats, barley, and rye, so cooking for her is hard. But this is a delicious pie that even she can eat!” - by Claire
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Beat 1/2 cup margarine, 1 1/2 cups potato flour, ice water, and salt together in a bowl with an electric mixer until mixture is large crumbs. Form into a ball of dough; chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Stir blackberries, sugar, 1/3 cup potato flour, and lime juice together in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Separate dough into two equal halves. Roll each half with a rolling pin to 12 inches in diameter. Press one crust in a 9-inch pie pan. Scoop blackberry filling into the prepared pan. Drizzle 3 tablespoons margarine over blackberry filling.
- Lightly press the other pie crust on top of the blackberry filling and seal the edges to the bottom layer's edges. Brush top crust with remaining 1 tablespoon melted margarine. Cut 2 or 3 slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape during baking.
- Bake pie in the preheated oven until crust is golden brown and blackberries are bubbling, about 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 410 cal
- 17.3 g
- 62.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This pie was delicious! Everyone enjoyed it. I would suggest doubling the recipe for the crust as this only made enough for the bottom, and I had to make more for the top...." See more"
Brigid's Blackberry Pie
Bramblewood Blackberry Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.