Layered Peanut Butter Brownies4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“These are brownies with layers of peanut butter and frosting that my mother used to make me as a child. Chocolate and peanut butter lovers will go crazy!” - by redraider
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10x15-inch jellyroll pan.
- Melt 1 cup butter and 1/3 cup cocoa powder together in a saucepan over low heat, stirring often, until smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Combine white sugar, flour, and salt together in a large bowl; add chocolate mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until blended, 1 to 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla extract; stir until combined. Pour batter into prepared jellyroll pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges begin to become crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Warm peanut butter in microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring once. Spread over warm brownies. Chill brownies in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1/2 cup butter, milk, and marshmallows in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, until marshmallows are melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; whisk in 1/4 cup cocoa. Gradually stir confectioners' sugar into marshmallow mixture until smooth. Spread frosting over peanut butter layer of brownies. Chill in refrigerator until set, about 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 505 cal
- 28.2 g
- 59.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Made these for the first time for the 4th of July. They are amazing. I put them in the freezer after the peanut butter layer, until the peanut butter was hard enough to apply the frosting. I micro wa..." See moreved the frosting so it spread easily. They thawed quickly and were a gigantic hit. I will make these again."
"I have now made these twice, and both times were amazing! Both times, I have followed the recipe exactly (except that the first time I used wheat flour instead of all-purpose, and it did not make any..." See more difference). I only have 2 notes to add: first, I have found that the pb only needs 30 seconds in microwave to soften enough to spread, and second that I recommend sifting the coco and the powdered sugar that goes into the frosting. It makes little lumps, which isnt bad with the powdered sugar, but not that nice to have a bitter taste of coco! These ones are definitely worth the time and effort, and I will make them many times more!"
Michelle's Peanut Butter Marbled Brownies
Rocky Road Peanut Butter Brownies
Just swipe to see more like this.