Grandma's Spiced Peach Preserves1 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 40 min
“This is so easy to make and makes your home smell divine! Not to mention it is fabulous as a jam or jelly, or warmed up and served over ice cream!” - by hdorius
Original recipe yields 6 half pint jars
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add peaches. Cook until peach skin begins to split, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and allow to cool slightly. Peel, pit, and quarter peaches and transfer to a large pot. Mash peaches with a potato masher and stir in sugar, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Cook and stir on low heat until desired consistency, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack peach preserves into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all).
Amount Per Serving (48 total)
- 126 cal
- 0 g
- < 1%
- 32.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This was my first time canning preserves. The recipe seemed simple and straight forward, so I prepared the peaches but I questioned the amount of sugar. So I started with only 2 cups of white sugar wi..." See moreth the 10 peaches and it's was already too sweet. My wife and I decided it needed more peaches, so I added 5 more peaches to the mixture before I had it to the point of not tasteing too sweet. The cinnamon and cloves were just right."
Peach Salsa II
Peach Gelee Candy
Just swipe to see more like this.