Crispy Grilled Pizza Margherita1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“Pizza on an outdoor grill is a great alternative to oven-cooked pizza. If you love crispy crust, this is for you. Note: cook time is relatively short, so alternative toppings like uncooked sausage or other meats may not cook fully.” - by OXSALIDA
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Place pizza dough in a bowl to rise 2 to 3 times the original size, about 1 hour. Flour a work surface and a rolling pin. Divide dough in half; roll each half to a 10- to 12-inch diameter circle.
- Place pizza dough rounds on the preheated grill using a wooden paddle (pizza peel) and close lid; cook until grill marks appear on the bottom of each round, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from grill and flip over on a work surface. Lower grill heat to medium.
- Brush each round with olive oil. Spread half the Asiago cheese on each crust; add tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer pizzas to grill with wooden paddle and close lid. Cook until bottom of rounds is cooked with grill marks and cheese is melted, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from grill and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 456 cal
- 23.2 g
- 40.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe More Reviews
Four Cheese Margherita Pizza
Grilled Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
Just swipe to see more like this.