Captain Jack's Peach Pie6 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 15 min
“Rum and butter...mmm. A smooth and softly sweet peach pie with lots of layers of distinctive flavor. An original recipe of mine which is the favorite fruit pie in our house.” - by chelipepper
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9-inch pie dish with butter.
- Press one pie crust into the prepared pie dish.
- Mix sugar, flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, cardamom, and allspice together in a bowl. Slowly stir butter into the sugar mixture until fully incorporated.
- Toss peaches and rum together in a separate bowl; add sugar mixture to peaches. Gently toss to coat peaches. Pour peach mixture into pie crust. Top with remaining pie crust; seal the two crust edges together. Cut 4 to 5 slits in the top crust for ventilation. Brush with milk.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Lower heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C); bake until top is golden brown, about 30 more minutes. Turn off the oven and let the pie rest in the oven as it cools, at least 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 452 cal
- 22.1 g
- 58.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Yo Ho Ho and a pie full of YUM! Seriously, everything's better with rum and this pie is no exception! I made as directed, except adding in a few extra peaches, I used 10 large in all. The spices were ..." See moreright on and the rum added a great flavor. Definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing, Chelipepper!"
"Yes, everything is better with rum. Even peach pie. Couldn't find any plain rum in the house, so I substituted some vanilla flavored rum, which went really well with the flavor of the peaches. I also ..." See moresubstituted 1/3 cup of tapioca pudding for the 1/3 cup of flour. My great grandmother swore by tapioca to thicken pies and said you can substitute an equal amount in any recipe calling for flour. The filling thickened and the bottom crust did not get soggy. I will definitely make this again."
Peach Pie the Old Fashioned Two Crust Way
Cherry Berry Peach Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.