Best Blueberry Buckle8 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Blueberry buckle is one of the first things I learned to bake as a teenager. Always make this with fresh blueberries for best results! Enjoy!” - by Cristina
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter and flour a springform pan.
- Sift 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
- Beat 1/4 cup butter, 3/4 cup sugar, and egg with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Gradually add milk and beat until fluffy; stir in flour mixture, making a stiff batter. Gently fold in blueberries and spread batter into prepared springform pan.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, cinnamon, and 1/4 cup butter in a bowl until blended and crumbly in texture. Sprinkle on top of batter, then lightly press topping into batter using fingertips.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs, about 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 399 cal
- 12.9 g
- 66.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"Followed the recipe exactly except added 1/2 tsp vanilla to the butter/sugar/egg/milk combination, but that is a "given" in baking at my house. It was delicious! Cake was a wonderful complement to t..." See morehe fresh blueberries. Didn't take long and was easy to make. Great with a glass of milk!"
"This is one of those rare recipes that on its face are simple, yet yield elegant, tasty results. In other words, it’s a great recipe. Let me add some comments/observations. Don't be fooled by the batt..." See moreer! It is stiff as noted in the description. You may think you've done something wrong, but the relative lack of liquid in proportion to the dry ingredients makes it that way. Just put the dough in the center of the pan and spread to the sides with a large spatula or back of a spoon. The cooking time (40 minutes) is just right and yields a wonderful texture. Like most here, we "tweak" recipes. My only one I used was to substitute Turbinato for the granulated sugar in the topping. That was the only off recipe ingredient. It made a more crunchy top. As for the results, it is a lovely cake. My wife, who was born and raised in the Canadian Maritimes where this is popular exclaimed "...this is home." That makes any cooks day! Thanks Christina!"
Very Best Blueberry Cobbler!
Just swipe to see more like this.