Miniature Chocolate Eclairs57 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“Eclairs filled with chocolate pudding and frosted with a semisweet chocolate glaze.” - by BIDDYBUG
Original recipe yields 12 eclairs
- Prepare pudding with milk according to package directions. Chill 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease baking sheets.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter, water and salt over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Pour in flour all at once and stir vigorously until fully incorporated and mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat, let rest 5 minutes. Then beat in eggs, one at a time, until well combined.
- Drop dough into twelve equal mounds on baking sheets. Spread each mound into a 4x1/2 inch rectangle.
- Bake in preheated oven 35 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and make a one-inch slit in the side of each eclair. Reduce heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Return eclairs to oven for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare icing while eclairs are cooling. Heat 2 tablespoons butter with chocolate in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until melted. Remove from heat and stir in confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- To assemble: Slice each eclair in half lengthwise. Spoon about 1 tablespoon chocolate pudding into the bottom half of each eclair. Replace tops and frost with chocolate icing. Chill until serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 240 cal
- 13.9 g
- 24.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (57)Rate This Recipe
"This is exactly what I was looking for! I followed the recipe exactly in making the pastry. It is so soft and moist, just like the ones you buy in the pastry shops. Everyone loved it! Thanks! Edit: I..." See more used this recipe together with Pastry Cream recipe and they both complemented each other very well!"
"These were good but a filling of light white creme would have perhaps been better. My pastries were very light (which is good!) but when the dark filling absorbed a bit it made them look heavy. With..." See more the chocolate on top, the filling makes the eclair pretty rich. My guests liked them but next time I'll switch out the filling for something that's non-chocolate."
Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle
Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding
Just swipe to see more like this.