Madison's Angel Food Cake French Toast2 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 9 hr
“We think this is simply the best french toast ever! Light, fluffy, sweet, and delicious! Hope you enjoy it! Serve with fresh fruit and pure maple syrup.” - by mmyers168
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat cake mix and water together in a bowl until moist; pour into a 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, cracked, and looks dry, 38 to 48 minutes. Set aside 8 hours to overnight.
- Whisk eggs, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt together in a bowl.
- Cut cake into 12 slices. Dip each slice in the egg mixture to coat.
- Melt enough of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat to coat the cooking surface. Cook the cake slices in batches the skillet until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 440 cal
- 8.5 g
- 76.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This is very good! I was given two angel food cakes and needed a way to use them other than a desert. I made two batches and will freeze some. This stuff is addictive! LOL!..." See more"
"This is my daughter's recipe. She uses a 13x9x2" cake pan to make the cake, but the 10" tube pan will work fine. Anything smaller the cake will overflow - so be careful. You can also buy a pre-made an..." See moregel food cake for this. We haven't tried that yet because we are afraid it might make it too sweet."
Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast with Peaches
Angel Food Cake and Strawberry Cream Roll
Just swipe to see more like this.