Vegan Lemon Scones with Chia0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“These scones are lower in fat than standard recipes, vegan, and super full of lemony flavor! The chia seeds give it a texture similar to poppy seeds and add lots of omega 3s. The added perk is that it's a foolproof recipe. I've made this without even measuring everything exactly and they still came out great. Try adding blueberries or doubling the amount of lemon zest!” - by frugal_losangeles
Original recipe yields 10 scones
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine whole wheat flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, chia seeds, and white sugar in a bowl. Mix in coconut oil in until the mixture is crumbly. Stir in soy milk, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons lemon zest until a dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a bowl and knead in bowl until workable, about 8 times. Gently roll into a ball and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Press into a circle about 1 inch thick; cut into 10 wedges. Place scones onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until edges are lightly golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Mix confectioners' sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon lemon zest in a small bowl. Drizzle or spread frosting on top of scones while still warm.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 176 cal
- 5.5 g
- 30.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Amazing Lemon Scones
Lemon and Lavender Scones
Just swipe to see more like this.