Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf65 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 5 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“My absolute fave meatloaf recipe!” - by Abjesse
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels. When cool, crumble into a large bowl.
- Mix ketchup and mustard in a bowl.
- Thoroughly combine 1/4 the ketchup mixture, ground chuck, Cheddar cheese, eggs, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper with crumbled bacon in bowl; pat the mixture into a 5x9-inch loaf pan. Spread remaining ketchup mixture evenly over top of meatloaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the meatloaf is no longer pink inside, about 45 minutes. Spread French-fried onions over the top of the loaf and return to oven until onions are browned and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), 10 to 15 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 586 cal
- 44.3 g
- 14.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (65)Rate This Recipe
"I increased this recipe to use 1 1/2 pounds ground beef. I made this meat loaf with my youngest son. We followed this recipe closely only using dijon mustard and adding a good amount of Stacey's Hambu..." See morerger Seasoning, which is also from this site. When we started mixing the meat loaf together, it was VERY wet. Like "how is this going to hold together" wet. We added another half cup of bread crumbs to hold it together. I used my Perfect Meatloaf Pan to make this--it was PACKED. I did follow the directions to sprinkle the french fried onions over the meat loaf but I was worried about how those onions would stick to the top with the meat loaf halfway cooked. What I did was spread a good amount of ketchup over the top of the meat loaf, then sprinkle the french fried onions over the ketchup. This did take two hours to bake in the Perfect Meatloaf Pan total. This did make a good meat loaf, with a good amount of both bacon and cheese. I'm glad I added the additional spice mixture because I think it would have been bland without it. I wouldn't have thought that adding a minimal amount of mayonnaise would make a difference but it really does. I served this with garlic dills, Meme's Mashed Potatoes (Southern Plate recipe) and Cajun Buttered Corn."
"This recipe is AWESOME! Due to dietary needs in our family, I had to make the following changes: used low sodium turkey bacon, a 19 oz. pkg. of ground turkey, an 8 oz. pkg. of non-dairy cheddar chee..." See morese, Egg Beaters, and omitted the onions. This meatloaf was so moist and flavorful. Even my ultra picky 10 year old had seconds. Thanks for this recipe!"
"After finding this recipe, the hubby wanted to give it a try, and it was pretty good! This meatloaf will occasionally make the rotation of "staple" meals in our household. I actually thinked we like..." See mored it better reheated on the second day, as the bacon flavour seemed to meld more. The only things I did a little differently; I added only 1 egg based on another reviewer's suggestion that the meatloaf was too mushy (but I will add the second egg next time) and instead of mixing the cheese into the loaf, I placed 3/4 of the meat mixture in the meatloaf pan, then layered all the called for cheese (sliced into 1/4 inch slices, rather than shredded) on top, then topped with the remaining 1/4 meat mixure. We ended up with a gooey cheese "middle" that was yummy!"
Man Loaf (Variation of the Meatloaf)
Bacon Cheeseburger Upside Down Pizza
Just swipe to see more like this.