Vermicelli Noodle Bowl15 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Many Vietnamese dishes are perfect for hot weather. This simple noodle salad combines fresh herbs, rice vermicelli, cucumber, bean sprouts, and more, topped with grilled shrimp. Tossed with a tangy sweet and sour sauce, it's a simple and satisfying dinner.” - by Allrecipes
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Whisk together vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, garlic, and red pepper flakes in small bowl. Set the sauce aside.
- Heat vegetable oil a small skillet over medium heat. Add shallots; cook and stir and softened and lightly caramelized, about 8 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Skewer 4 shrimp on each skewer and grill until they turn pink and are charred on the outside, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add vermicelli noodles and cook until softened, 12 minutes. Drain noodles and rinse with cold water, stirring to separate the noodles.
- Assemble the vermicelli bowl by placing the cooked noodles in one half of each serving bowl and the lettuce and bean sprouts in the other half. Top each bowl with cucumbers, carrots, daikon, cilantro, Thai basil, mint, peanuts, and the caramelized shallots. Serve with shrimp skewers on top and sauce on the side. Pour sauce over the top and toss thoroughly to coat before eating.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 659 cal
- 12.8 g
- 112.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"VERY EASY to make & super yummy even if I tweaked the ingredients! It's pretty much a fool-proof kind of recipe. I used Filipino vermicelli (looks more like glass noodle) which cooks for only less tha..." See moren 5 mins. :] Special sauce + sriracha ="
"I made this with what I had on hand... which was NY Strip Steak. I also didn't have the pickled carrots/daikon or cucumbers. However it was very good. I did add a bit more sugar to the sauce because I..." See more like it a bit sweeter..."
"I made this for dinner last weekend when we had my bf's parent's over. It was nice because I didn't spend all day preparing the meal. It really is light and fresh. I grow my own mint and basil so t..." See morehat worked well for this recipe! The only differences were, I added scallions as well which really added to the flavor. I also made chicken too because my bf was afraid it wouldn't be enough (he was way off on that-my bf's dad even commented that it was so good, it didn't even need meat). Also, I didn't cut my cucumber into matchsticks because I don't know how to do that. Also, I don't know what diakon radishes are, so I used regular ones. Every bite my bf's dad took he went "mmm" so I knew it was good! It was a bit too fishy for me, so I didn't really use any sauce on mine, so I may try a different sauce next time. Definitely worth trying! Perfect time of year for it!"
Vietnamese Spring Rolls With Dipping Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.