Blueberry Bran Muffins2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Try delicious Blueberry Bran Muffins from Ocean Spray for a treat the whole family can enjoy all summer long.” - by Ocean Spray®
Original recipe yields 12 muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick baking spray.
- Combine sugar, egg and oil in a large bowl and stir together with a wire whisk. Add buttermilk and blueberry juice cocktail and stir with whisk until blended.
- Combine bran cereal, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add to juice mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Let mixture sit 20 minutes to allow cereal to soften.
- Scoop evenly into muffin cups. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 198 cal
- 10 g
- 25.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I had to make one substitution--I used apple juice instead of blueberry juice only because blueberry juice cannot be found here and apple juice was what I had on hand. I have made muffins using bran c..." See moreereal before--what I did was mix all the wet ingredients together and add the bran cereal to that and let it sit for 20 minutes. After that, I folded in all the dry ingredients and the blueberries to be sure that the mixture would not be overmixed or the blueberries smashed. I baked my muffins at 350* for 20 minutes. This muffin was VERY moist with a nice chewy texture."
"I thought these were just okay. The muffins did not rise as much as I'd like them to and I followed the recipe exactly. Maybe I can modify this a little to correct that. I might try to find a way t..." See moreo add more blueberry juice for flavor without having the batter become too thin. I'm an amateur baker, so maybe someone else will perfect this before I do! I would have given these a 2 but my husband really enjoyed them."
Low-Fat Blueberry Bran Muffins
Blueberry Nut Oat Bran Muffins
Just swipe to see more like this.