Kim's Garlic Breadsticks23 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“These are great breadsticks to make. They taste great and are easy to make. If you are an Olive Garden® lover, then you will LOVE these.” - by Kimbers
Original recipe yields 16 breadsticks
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in 1/4 cup warm water in a large bowl. Let stand until the yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 15 minutes. Add flour, 1 1/4 cup warm water, 2 tablespoons softened butter, and 1 tablespoon salt; knead until dough is well mixed and soft, about 3 minutes.
- Roll dough into a 2-foot log. Cut into 16 equal pieces, about 1 1/2 inches wide. Knead each piece and shape into a 6-inch breadstick. Arrange breadsticks on a baking sheet; let rise for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix 3 tablespoons melted butter and garlic powder together in a bowl; brush onto breadsticks.
- Bake breadsticks in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Immediately brush with remaining melted butter mixture; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 161 cal
- 4 g
- 27.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (23)Rate This Recipe
"KEEPER!!!! Excellent recipe. I made 12 larger bread sticks and all I could add to this wonderful recipe is I could add some Parmesan to the topping. Save this recipe - it is great...." See more"
Cheryl's Cooking Now!
"I made this recipe as written and they turned out bland. I could not taste the garlic. I will make this again and will add garlic to the dough as well in the butter. This recipe does make a lot of bre..." See moread sticks. I have to agree with others, adding some parmesan cheese would help too."
Garlic Cheese Flatbread
Soft Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks
Just swipe to see more like this.