Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake20 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“This is a wonderful alternative to those standard cinnamon-walnut-streusel coffee cake recipes. It's perfect for a brunch or a special family gathering. Prepping the batter in a food processor makes it quick and easy to assemble. You can substitute different preserves - apricot, cherry and blueberry all work well.” - by springfield70
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, and butter in a food processor; pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Remove 1 cup of mixture from food processor and set aside. To remaining mixture in processor add baking soda, baking powder, salt, sour cream, almond extract, and 1 egg; process until batter is just combined and smooth. Spread batter evenly into bottom and 2 inches up sides of prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 egg together in a bowl until smooth; pour into batter-lined pan and spread evenly. Spread raspberry preserves carefully over cheese filling.
- Stir reserved crumb mixture and sliced almonds together in a small bowl; sprinkle over the layer of raspberry preserves.
- Bake in preheated oven until filling is set and crust is deep golden brown, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before removing side of pan. Chill completely before serving, about 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 419 cal
- 24.1 g
- 45.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (20)Rate This Recipe
"This coffee cake was AwEsOmE! Moist, creamy and just enough sweet. I used plastic sandwich bags across my fingers when working with the dough to spread it up the sides and again I used one to hold the..." See more jam, snipped an end off and piped the jam onto the cream cheese filling. Baked up pretty and I was proud enough to bring it into work to share. This cake was very well received! Kinda like the famous one by "E" but so much better because it's fresh. I used lower fat cream cheese and sour cream with no problems. (recipe made for *RECIPE GROUP*)"
"This is a terrific coffee cake. It's moist and flavorful. Love the almond extract. It took longer than an hour for mine to bake in the center when the outer crust was getting dark. It turned out fine...." See more I used Blueberry Sauce, a recipe from AR, instead of the raspberry jam. Drizzled white icing on it made with confectioners sugar and milk. Great Cake!"
"Made this for Recipe Group...LOVED IT! The biggest pain for me was trying to 'spread' the batter in the pan, but I just kept spraying my hand w/ cooking spray and that helped. Also, as far as trying t..." See moreo spread the filling over the cheese layer, I just spooned small dollops all over the top (I may have used a bit more preserves than called for b/c I didn't measure it), and that worked out great. This was not too sweet, but just right, perfect amount of cheese, raspberry and dough, IMO. This was wonderful w/ the raspberry preserves, but I can't wait to try it w/ other fruit flavors. This is a definite keeper! Thanks for sharing. :)"
Polish Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Apple Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.