Pumpkin Torte I1 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 9 hr
“A delicious pumpkin dessert that's a change from traditional pumpkin pie. Cut the chilled torte into squares and top with whipped cream and pecans.” - by BETHRECIPES
Original recipe yields 10 cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix the graham crackers and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs and brown sugar. Blend in the cream cheese. Spoon the mixture over the layer of graham crackers.
- Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, salt, egg yolks and milk. Bring to a boil. Stir constantly until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Mix the gelatin and water in a small bowl. Stir into the pumpkin mixture. Cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites and sugar until stiff. Fold into the pumpkin mixture. Spoon in a layer over the cream cheese mixture. Chill in the refrigerator 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 205 cal
- 10.7 g
- 24.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I had already had this dessert from a friend & wanted the recipe so I searched here for it. It was DELICIOUS but I was concerned about the raw egg SO I elimintated the egg whites into the pumpkin mix..." See more & substituted HALF of a 8oz. container of Cool Whip and gently folded in. It was PERFECT and NO raw eggs."
Pumpkin Roll I
Pumpkin Pie Squares
Just swipe to see more like this.