Amaretto Chicken45 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Rich and tasty. I had this in a restaurant years ago, experimented with it at home until I finally got it right.” - by Rebecca Swift
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Melt 1/4 cup of the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown chicken in butter quickly, and remove to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup butter to skillet and brown the green onion and mushrooms with the garlic and tarragon. Pour this saute mixture over chicken breasts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the cream, cheese and amaretto in the skillet, whisking rapidly. Stir in capers, then pour sauce over chicken, green onions and mushrooms.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 804 cal
- 57.2 g
- 23.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (45)Rate This Recipe
"This was easy. Personally I did not like the taste at all, although I like all the ingredients...." See more"
"I really liked this recipe. I made it with evap. milk instead of cream; omitted mushroom and used 1/4 c. low fat marg.; and used 1 tsp. almond extract. My husband on the other hand hated it. After ..." See moretouching his tongue to the chicken he promptly scraped off the cheese wrapped it in foil and threw it away. And I had to give him a separate plate of rice because the sauce had spread to the rice on his plate. So unfortunately I won't be making this again."
Mushroom Chicken Parmesan
Just swipe to see more like this.