Almond Sauce Chicken Breasts25 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This tasty dish is very rich in flavour.” - by Rebecca Swift
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Pound chicken breasts to flatten; Season with salt and pepper to taste. In a small bowl, beat together egg and water to make egg wash. Place almond crumbs in a shallow dish or bowl; dip chicken in egg wash, then dredge in almonds.
- Melt butter with olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Brown coated chicken quickly, then transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In same skillet, brown the mushrooms and onions with the garlic. Mix together and spread mixture over the chicken.
- In same skillet, combine the cream and almond paste and mix together; heat through, then stir in nutmeg. Pour sauce over chicken, mushrooms and onions.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 1095 cal
- 88.8 g
- 33.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (25)Rate This Recipe
"While I am new to cooking I found this recipe easy and it tastes great. Use about 1/2 the almond paste and don't have the pan too hot when you cook the breasts. I will make this again...." See more"
"Such a good boneless chicken recipe. A nice different touch. I had to substitute flour and almond extract for the almond paste, still turned out very tasty...." See more"
"I combine this recipe with the amaretto chicken also on the site. i follow this recipe to step 3. then i use i cup heavy cream, 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese, and 1/2 a cup of amaretto and melt on t..." See morehe stove top. then i pour this sauce over the chicken and put in oven at 350 for 40 minutes. i serve it with linguine."
Chicken Breasts in Caper Cream Sauce
Chicken Breasts With Herb Basting Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.