Whipped Sweet Potatoes with Pears22 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“These creamy sweet potatoes baked with pears smell wonderful while cooking and taste magnificent on the Thanksgiving table. This dish is sure to become a family favorite!” - by CHRISTYJ
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork and bake in the preheated oven 1 hour, or until tender.
- Peel the baked sweet potatoes. Place in a medium bowl and whip until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, gently cook the pears 10 minutes, or until tender. Process the pears in a food processor until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix the evaporated milk, vanilla, brown sugar and butter. Heat until scalded. Blend into the sweet potatoes.
- Mix the pear puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange juice and pecans into the sweet potato mixture. Transfer to a large baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 405 cal
- 18.2 g
- 58.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (22)Rate This Recipe
"Thank you for posting this recipe! I couldn't locate my copy from last year. This dish is a treat! Sweet potatoes and pears make a wonderful combo and it's a nice change from the standard marshmallow ..." See moretopped casserole. Try it!"
"Delicious! This was a piece of cake to make. I tossed the potatoes in my stand mixer to whip them, added the sauce, added the other ingredients and the cooked pears, turned on medium high and we wer..." See moree all set. This was very easy to make, and very good to eat! My two year old loved it, as did my in-laws. We'll definitely have this one again."
"This is a GREAT recipe. A little different from the standard "sweet potatoe casserole". Delicious! The pears really give this dish a wonderful flavor - I even used canned pears, and instead of OJ, I u..." See moresed some of the reserved liquid from the can of pears. So good! (If you must, you can even throw some marshmallows on top for those marshmallow loyalists!)"
Yummy Sweet Potato Casserole
Whipped Sweet Potato Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.