All-Chocolate Boston Cream Pie37 Reviews
“Chocolate cake is filled with cocoa cream and coated with Satiny Chocolate Glaze.” - by HersheysKitchens.com
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch cake
- Heat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour one 9-inch round baking pan.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa and baking soda in large bowl. Add butter, milk, egg and vanilla. Beat on low speed of mixer until all ingredients are moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Prepare Chocolate Filling. Cut cake into two thin layers. Place one layer on serving plate; spread filling over layer. Top with remaining layer.
- Prepare Satiny Chocolate Glaze. Pour onto top of cake, allowing some to drizzle down sides. Refrigerate until serving time. Cover; refrigerate leftover cake. 8 servings.
- Chocolate Filling: Stir together sugar, cocoa and cornstarch in medium bowl; gradually stir in light cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and begins to boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface. Cool completely.
- Satiny Chocolate Glaze: Heat water, butter and corn syrup in small saucepan to boiling. Remove from heat; immediately stir in cocoa. With whisk, gradually beat in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth; cool slightly.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 509 cal
- 22.3 g
- 72.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (37)Rate This Recipe
"This is a simple very easy to use recipe. I used a piece of sewing thread to cut my cake. Just get enough thread to go around the cake, and long enough to grab at the ends, make sure it's in the middl..." See moree of the cake then cross the end strings and pull, then you have an even cut. This dessert was so tasty it was gone in 1 day.:) EXCELLENT!!!!!!"
"Baking is my specialty and I've made ALOT of from-scratch cakes....I followed this recipe exactly and didn't think it was that great. The cake and filling were both bland, bland, bland. The texture o..." See moref the cake was great but the taste was not nearly as good as other cake recipes I have made."
"I used a piece of parchment paper for the bottom of the pan and the cake came out perfectly. The cake sliced in half beautifully as I used a piece of dental floss that another reviewer suggested. This..." See more is a wonderful recipe. The rich chocolate flavour of the cake and filling are not too sweet which is always my biggest challenge when looking for recipes. We did not find this bland in the least and have given this recipe a permanent place in our collection."
Just swipe to see more like this.