Glazed English Toffee Cake34 Reviews
“A 2 layer chocolate buttermilk cake filled with whipped topping and toffee bits, then glazed and sprinkled with more toffee bits.” - by HersheysKitchens.com
Original recipe yields 1 - 3 layer 9 inch cake
- Heat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans. Beat egg whites in small bowl until foamy; gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Combine remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add oil, buttermilk and egg yolks; beat until smooth. Gently fold egg whites into batter. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Place one cake layer on serving plate; spread whipped topping over top. Sprinkle with half of toffee bits. Top with other layer. Spoon Chocolate Glaze over top of cake, allowing glaze to drip down sides. Sprinkle with remaining toffee. Store covered in refrigerator.
- To make the Chocolate Glaze: Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup Hershey's Dutch Processed Cocoa in small saucepan. Stir in 3 tablespoons light cream and 5 tablespoons butter or margarine. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to boil. Boil 1 minute. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 583 cal
- 30.7 g
- 72.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (34)Rate This Recipe
"NOBODY in my family believed that I made this cake - they were convinced I bought it at a store or bakery! It took me half the afternoon to make it but well worth it! I'm not even a huge chocolate fan..." See more but I found myself wanting a second slice! If you want to make a good impression - invest some time and try this recipe! My guests and family alike all fell in love! Thanks a bunch Hershey's!"
"this is not a quick cake, so don't make it if you want something fast. however, if you have the time, it's well worth it, you will NOT be disappointed, and it's easy to prepare. they didn't have skor ..." See morebits at my grocery store, so i crushed up some Werther's Original's candies. another change i made was doubling the glaze recipe. it's extremely rich, even a chocoholic had to eat it one piece at a time. the cocoa gives it a very moist flavor."
"I made this for my dad for fathers day and the whole family loved it. The cake is very moist, I'll use the cake part as my basic chocolate cake recipe from now on. The directions mention adding egg ..." See moreyolks which aren't in the ingredient list (only whites) but I just added the two from the whites so I guess that was right."
Just swipe to see more like this.