Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding79 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“This recipe came from an English friend who married an American serviceman. Her family serves it every Sunday (a British tradition).” - by Jan Laskey
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Wash roast and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the roast, making sure it doesn't touch any bone or fat.
- Bake on a wire rack inside of a large roasting pan in the preheated oven for 90 minutes, or to desired doneness. For medium-rare, the meat thermometer should read 135 degrees F (57 degrees C). Remove roast from pan, reserving drippings.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the two eggs until frothy. In another small bowl, mix the salt and flour. Stir the beaten eggs into the flour. Stirring constantly, gradually pour in the milk.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pour the reserved pan drippings into a medium muffin tin. Place in the preheated oven for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and pour the egg, flour and milk mixture into the hot drippings. Return muffin tin to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until fluffy and golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 663 cal
- 36.4 g
- 26.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (79)Rate This Recipe
"Great Yorkies!! The only note I would add is from a friend of a friend- who's a chef in London England!!! - take out your ingredients and leave on the counter till room temp. - mix together thoroughl..." See morey and refridgerate pudding mixture for one hour. -preheat the pudding/muffin tin for 3-5 minutes, till very HOT, and add pudding mixture- bake as recipe says."
"Being of English heritage I too had this many times. Only diff. my grandmother used a cast iron skillet instead of muffin tins. It came out puffy and round so she cut it in pie shaped wedges. The ke..." See morey is getting the pan hot before pouring in batter so don't try to skip this step."
"I only made the Yorkshire Pudding. I used about 1/2 inch of veggie oil instead of drippings (I like to save all the drippings I get for gravy!) I added an extra egg by mistake and heated the muffin ti..." See moren in a 450 degree oven. (important!) I've found that the trick to perfect Yorkshire pudding is NOT TO OPEN THE OVEN during the first 3/4 of baking time. My puddings were perfect. I'm never swerving from this recipe; I've made it 6 times now and each time it's been PERFECT."
Oven Pot Roast
Roast Beef Hash Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.