Pretzel Salad II45 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 6 hr 30 min
“This is a really good dessert. The combo of sweet, crunchy, and slightly salty is super good. It is very popular here in the Mississippi Valley. Plan ahead, it needs to refrigerate for 4 hours.” - by SARAHBARNETT
Original recipe yields 10 to 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl combine crushed pretzels, 3 tablespoons confectioner's (powdered) sugar and melted butter. Mix well and press into a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Cool.
- To make the filling, combine in a medium bowl the cream cheese and 1 cup confectioner's (powdered) sugar; beat until smooth. Stir in whipped topping; spread mixture in crust and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, combine gelatin mix and boiling water; add strawberries. Let gelatin mixture thicken slightly, and then pour over the crust and filling layers. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
Amount Per Serving (11 total)
- 397 cal
- 21.4 g
- 48 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (45)Rate This Recipe
"I made this recipe for a holiday potluck at work. I never ate pretzel salad before, so I decided to make it the day prior for the family. Everyone at home loved it. So, I made the next batch for th..." See moree potluck and it was a HIT! Everyone at work was asking for the recipe. Even those who said they hated strawberries liked this recipe. I used an entire 8 oz. tub of whipped topping. Also, when making the jello, I dissolved the jello in 1/2 c. boiling water. Then, I added 1 c. of iced water to the jello and then stirred the jello until the ice melted. It was the perfect temperature to immediately top and refrigerate. Also, it cut the four hour refrigeration down to about 2 hours. Thanks for this delicious recipe!!!"
"I didn't wait long enough for the jello to cool and set. I waited about 10 minutes. If I made this again I'd try waiting 30 minutes at least. Also using twice or triple the amount of cool whip...." See more"
Judy's Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.