Grandmom Andersons' Crab Cakes6 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“My grandmother instilled in me a love of good food, purely made, with the best ingredients. This recipe has been coveted by our family & friends for many years. It's too good to keep a secret any more” - by Annelizabeth
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place one egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion and celery until the onions are translucent; remove and let cool. In a mixing bowl combine the cooled onion mixture with crabmeat. Mix thoroughly. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove crab mixture from refrigerator and add hard cooked egg and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour milk into a separate bowl. Dip the bread slices, one at a time, quickly into the milk and squeeze most of it out. Add soaked bread to the crab mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a wide shallow bowl, beat the 3 eggs. Place bread crumbs in a separate bowl. Remove crab mixture from refrigerator, shape into hamburger shaped patties. Dip each one into the beaten egg and then into the bread crumbs, coating well.
- In a medium skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat and fry crab cakes until they are a nice golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 339 cal
- 15.2 g
- 32.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Absolutely fabulous..." See more"
"These are amazing! Following the directions precisely, they came out crunchy on the outside and delicate on the inside, like pillows! As a comment in response to the review that said there was too muc..." See moreh filler in these... this is not a recipe for classis jumbo lump Chesepeake-style crabcakes. You should only use as much bread as you need to hold this mix together. You CANNOT use a "wonder" style bread either. All that being said...Try these. They are wonderful!"
Lori's Famous Crab Cakes
New England Crab Cakes
Just swipe to see more like this.