Stuffed Shells IV204 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“Wonderful stuffed shells - makes two 9x13 pans full! You can also freeze them on a cookie sheet and have them when company shows up!” - by Barbara
Original recipe yields 14 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Set aside in warm water.
- In a large heavy skillet saute mushrooms, garlic and onions. Add ground turkey and cook until evenly brown. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, and stir in spinach, parsley, cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Stuff the cooked shells with the mixture, and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with spaghetti sauce, and sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil, and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, or until heated through.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 323 cal
- 11.3 g
- 30.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (204)Rate This Recipe
"This was AWESOME. I did change a few things as recommended. Added 2 tablespoons of Italian Seasoning, 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper & 1/2 tsp Oregano to turkey meat. Also, instead of cottage cheese, I..." See more did 1 cup low fat cottage cheese & 1 cup ricotta. Made sure to drain and dry out spinach and shells because I saw others experienced watery consistancy. Turned out perfect!!! Big hit with family and did freeze extras as recommended. Yummie...this is a keeper!!!"
"Fantastic! I'm a big fan of stuffed pasta dishes, and I was really pleased with the way this one turned out. There's only two in my household, so I just put enough shells to fill an 8-inch baking di..." See moresh and covered them with a small jar of spaghetti sauce. I took the suggestion of freezing the extra stuffed shells on a cookie sheet, then I put them all into a ziploc bag. Now I can have stuffed shells ready whenever I want! THank you for a wonderful recipe."
"This is excellent! Husband and kids all loved it. I added 1 package of "good seasons italian seasoning" to the meat mixture, per the comment of another user. It was fantastic. One thing: you dry ..." See morethe noodles off a bit before stuffing them to prevent the dish from becoming soupy!"
Stuffed Shells I
Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells
Just swipe to see more like this.