Soda Cracker Candy95 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 20 min
“If you like almond roca, you'll love this. Don't be put off by the soda crackers, it is really good. My kids want this every Christmas and now my Grandkids are asking for it.” - by Rebecca
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a 10x15 inch cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place crackers in a singe layer over prepared cookie sheet. Use more or fewer crackers as needed to cover the bottom of your pan.
- In a small saucepan over low heat combine butter and brown sugar; bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes; pour over crackers.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top. Sprinkle almonds over chocolate chips; using the back of a wooden spoon, press nuts into chocolate.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours, or until set. Break into pieces and store, sealed, in refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 1151 cal
- 75.7 g
- 123 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (95)Rate This Recipe
"My recipe for the same calls for only one cup butter, one cup brown sugar, and one bag of chips. The most important thing to remember is to make sure that you bring it to a boil AND THEN set your tim..." See moreer for 3 minutes. My mum still hasn't figured that part out yet. (hers separates in the fridge-- still tasty, but poor texture) Everyone loves it, and it is so very simple! I put mine on cinnamon grahams sometimes... they're a little sweeter. My favourite is still the saltines, though! You can also toss a handful of white chocolate chips on top with the dark chocolate, and swirl... it makes them very pretty. I have relatives who are allergic to nuts, so I just sprinkle holiday jimmies on top, too. Very versatile, and ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! Also of note, try the Reynold's No Stick foil to line your pan! It works with no additional effort! I use it for EVERYTHING!"
"I have made this recipe for years. I would note that using a 10 X 15 JELLYROLL pan (with sides) is ideal. I use only 1 Cup butter and sugar and 1 pkg chocolate chips. Sprinkle the chips on right af..." See moreter you take it out of the oven, let sit for just a minute to soften the chocolate chips and then using a spatula, spread the chocolate to completly cover the toffee. Then add either nuts, sprinkles or even another flavor baking chips. I use sprinkles for whatever occasion/holiday I am making this for. If using other two kinds of chips, swirl it to give it a marble effect, don't worry about the toffee it can take it!"
"I absolutely LOVE this recipe. But I only use 1 C butter, 1 C brown sugar, and 1 bag chocolate chips. I like to use milk chocolate chips because it makes the recipe sweeter. I also line the pan with ..." See moreparchment paper, because when you do it with tin foil it sticks to the bottom and if you accidently bite into a piece of tin foil it HURTS!"
Just swipe to see more like this.