Mormon Scalloped Potatoes14 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“A classic Utah dish, done often in Dutch oven style, that will not last through a party. It's just that good.” - by Kitchen Witch
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place potatoes into a large saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer potatoes until tender but not mushy, about 15 minutes. Drain and let cool. Cut potatoes into 1-inch thick slices.
- Whisk cream of chicken soup, sour cream, 1/2 cup melted butter, and green onions in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Whisk cheese into the sauce. Mix corn flake crumbs with 1/4 cup melted butter in a separate bowl.
- Spread a thin layer of the sour cream sauce into the bottom of a 9x13-inch glass baking pan. Spread a layer of potato slices over sauce, followed by a thick layer of sauce. Continue layers, ending with sauce. Sprinkle corn flakes mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is bubbling and the corn flakes topping is crisp, about 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 484 cal
- 30.4 g
- 42.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"Really good! I think that I'll cut the potatoes a bit thinner next time. At 1 inch thick, they seemed a bit undercooked. Still tasted great though!..." See more"
"Very good! The taste was perfect, original and filling. I did follow the advice of the other reviewer and sliced the potatoes much thinner than the one inch thickness that the recipe called for. Turne..." See mored out to be cooked all the way through and delicious. The only other thing I did different was to have added a little bit more cheese, considering I had some extra (about a cup extra), but it turned out to be nice and cheesy, gooey and delicious. I made this dish to compliment a ham that I had made and it served extremely well. Very good dish! Would definitely make again and in the future."
"This is a fantastic recipe! It's a true classic Mormon Utah dish! My whole family loved this recipe...even my 17-month old couldn't get enough of it! I've been looking everywhere for a dish like th..." See moreis that doesn't use fake or frozen potatoes...I wanted real potatoes and this is perfect! I added some salt and pepper to make it taste even better!"
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
Really Good Scalloped Potatoes
Just swipe to see more like this.