Almost Authentic Caesar Salad1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“I always hated gloppy Caesar dressings, so I came up with my own, which is very similar to the original one created in Tijuana in the 1920s. This quick and easy salad is a huge hit whenever I serve it, and it easy to prepare ahead of time. Just wait until the last minute to combine the lettuce, croutons, dressing, and cheese. The key is to use real grated Parmesan cheese, not the stuff in the can.” - by kholtzman
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Arrange French bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet with a rim. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir 1 clove garlic until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour butter mixture over bread cubes; season with salt, black pepper, and parsley. Toss to coat.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned on the outside and crisp in the middle, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Whisk lemon juice, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, kosher salt, anchovy paste, 1 clove garlic, and black pepper together in a bowl. Slowly drizzle in canola oil, while whisking lemon mixture with opposite hand until emulsified.
- Combine romaine lettuce, Parmesan cheese, and half the dressing in a bowl; toss to coat. Add croutons and remaining dressing; toss to coat.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 243 cal
- 18.7 g
- 14.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This was great! I used 3 tbsp. of butter instead of 2, but that was my only change. I did feel that the dressing ended up a bit salty for me, so I will reduce the salt next time, but other than that, ..." See morethis turned out delicious. LOVED the croutons! I made the dressing a little earlier, and allowed it to sit @ room temp to allow the flavors to blend. I will be making this again! Thanks for sharing. :)"
Caesar Salad Supreme
Caesar Salad II
Just swipe to see more like this.