Spicy Eggplant Parmesan2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“I've changed the recipe to make it spicier plus added ricotta cheese to make it more hearty. If spicy is not your thing, you can get diced tomatoes with green chilies in a mild version.” - by Jacki222
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Combine olive oil and garlic in a bowl; brush over both sides of the eggplant slices. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 1-quart baking dish.
- Arrange half the eggplant slices in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons basil and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Spread ricotta cheese over eggplant. Pour tomatoes over ricotta cheese and sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons basil. Season with Worcestershire sauce. Top with remaining sliced eggplant and spread with mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes and remove foil. Continue baking until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 362 cal
- 24.7 g
- 19.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I'm giving this four stars, but in fairness, I made so many changes I don't feel qualified to rate it as written. **Please Note** the serving size is only TWO!! I didn't notice this until I was putti..." See moreng it together, and realized I needed more food,requiring me to make so many changes. Also, I wasn't sure what a 1Qt baking dish was, so I improvised and not sure if that affected the outcome. Overall, the taste is good; lasagne-ish. I will try to make this again with the right proportions by adjusting the servings before getting started."
Eggplant and Pepper Parmesan Sandwiches
Eggplant Parmesan II
Just swipe to see more like this.