Cherry Pie with Almond Crumb Topping6 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“This delicious and super easy cherry pie features a crunchy, streusel-like topping.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Roll out pie crust and lay into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Combine almonds, brown sugar, oats, flour, and salt in a large bowl. Work butter into the almond mixture with your fingers, breaking up any large pieces, until incorporated completely. Cover and chill for 15 minutes.
- Combine cherries, lemon juice, white sugar, and cornstarch. Stir until well coated and no dry lumps remain, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour cherries and any accumulated juices into the prepared pie pan. Press down into the pan. Crumble oat mixture over the top. Place the pan on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cherries are bubbling and the crust and crumble topping are browned, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
Amount Per Serving (1 total)
- 3565 cal
- 167.4 g
- 502.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"This is an outstanding recipe. I followed it exactly, and was extremely pleased with the results. The almonds provide a nice crunch to the finish, and the cherries are allowed to shine. This is a defi..." See morenite keeper!"
"I have been making fresh fruit pies and cobblers for years but was looking for somrthing a little different so I tried this recipe last night. I followed the recipe exactly and was disappointed with t..." See morehe crumb topping. It was more salty and less sweet than I would have liked. If I were to make this again, I would decrease some of the salt in the topping and add more sugar to both the pie filling and the topping as well. I'd also give a more precise measurement for the lemon juice and only use 1 tbsp."
"I used the Basic Flaky Pie Crust with this b/c I had one left over. I used 1/2 the flour and more almonds, 4T of butter and added 1/8t of clove and 1/8t of cinnamon for the crumb. I also added 1/4t of..." See more Garam Masala (an Indian spice mixture of coriander seed, black pepper, cumin, cardamom and cinnamon) to the filling for some added spice. Yummy with ice cream or milk!"
Blueberry Crumb Pie
Crumb Apple Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.