Peruvian Style Beer Can Chicken7 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 3 hr
“Inspired by the Peruvian rotisserie chicken, this recipe combines 'pollo a la brasa' seasoning with the beer can cooking technique. The goal is to produce a tasty chicken with a crispy exterior and juicy interior. Serve it with fries and the salad of your choice.” - by ricfera
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Dissolve 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in water in a large bowl and stir in lime juice. Soak chicken in the mixture for 10 minutes; rinse and pat chicken dry with paper towels. Pierce the chicken all over with a fork to make many tiny holes.
- Stir vinegar, cumin, olive oil, oregano, rosemary, paprika, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, soy sauce, and black pepper in a small bowl; mix in enough beer to form a paste, about 2 tablespoons. Retain remaining beer in the can.
- Rub spice paste all over the chicken, beneath the skin, and inside cavity; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill for medium heat; a grill thermometer should read 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) with the lid closed.
- Sit the chicken upright on the partially-filled can of beer and extend drumsticks to the grill surface to form a tripod shape to hold up the chicken.
- Grill chicken with the lid closed until the skin is brown and crisp and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a breast, not touching bone, reads 170 degrees F (75 degrees C), about 1 1/2 hours. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 320 cal
- 18.7 g
- 3.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"I tried this with the addition of hickory chips to give it an extra savory flavor. Excellent look and flavor. The skin was crispy and the meat moist...." See more"
"Picture does this chicken no justice.... this is soooo good!!! My hubby and I LOVED it!! I soaked it in the water mixture for 2 hours + left in the fridge for 2 hours.... AMAZING. I will definitely ..." See morebe making this multiple times! So juicy and good... plus making it on top two beer cans on the grill is just toooo fun!! :)"
Beer Butt Rosemary Chicken
The Best Beer Can Chicken Ever
Just swipe to see more like this.