Spaghetti Squash with Paleo Meat Sauce7 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“I made some spaghetti and it turned out SO good and super filling. One batch could last you the entire week! Chicken or turkey can be substituted for the ground beef. Try adding Italian herbs, like parsley, oregano, and fennel!” - by rubymemphis
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pour water into a baking dish. Place squash halves with cut sides down in baking dish; roast for until tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- While squash is baking, cook and stir ground beef and onions in a skillet over medium-high heat until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Set beef aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms, zucchini, green and red bell peppers, both amounts of crushed tomatoes, basil, oregano and thyme. Simmer over medium heat until vegetables are cooked through and tender, about 10 minutes. Add the ground beef and onions; stir to combine. Simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally, while you finish preparing spaghetti squash.
- Scrape the inside of hot spaghetti squash halves with a fork to shred the squash into strands; divide onto 8 plates. Drizzle each serving of spaghetti squash with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and top each serving with a generous amount of meat sauce.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 388 cal
- 29.9 g
- 14.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"For a paleo diet dinner it was ok. But I agree that it's way too bland...." See more"
"More flavor was needed in this dish. The spaghetti squash is watery and bland and I will not buy again. The sauce made lots and I had to tweak it so I added some leftover spaghetti sauce, garlic, oreg..." See moreano, italian seasoning and a little salt. The sauce then worked great served over spaghetti."
Spaghetti Sauce with Ground Beef
Conrad's Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.