Baked Caprese Salad3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“A baguette of French bread is cut into slices and toasted with roma tomato and fresh mozzarella cheese slices, then sprinkled with snipped fresh basil leaves and drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil.” - by Amanda
Original recipe yields 30 crostini
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Arrange slices of baguette onto a baking sheet and brush both sides of each slice with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Toast the bread in the preheated oven until lightly golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Flip the bread slices over and top each slice with a slice of tomato and a slice of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with salt.
- Return crostini to the oven and bake until tomato and mozzarella slices are warmed through, about 5 more minutes.
- Arrange the crostini onto a serving platter and sprinkle with basil. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle lightly with more sea salt and black pepper.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 233 cal
- 12.3 g
- 18.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This is a solid recipe - however I would recommend toasting the bread under the broiler flip and top then back to the broiler for just long enough for the cheese to start to melt. I think I prefer to..." See more dice up the tomatoes with the basil and some olive oil. It is easier to eat without a knife and fork. Thanks for a tasty recipe. BTW - I served this with a balsamic glaze."
Baked Kale Chips
Just swipe to see more like this.