Easy Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake5 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“A great recipe for a brunch. I've even made it as a dessert! A wonderful combination of chocolate and cinnamon.” - by MRSMTAYLOR
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter and cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until well-blended, about 30 seconds. Beat in 1 1/4 cups sugar and vanilla extract until mixture is light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Pour in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips; mixing just enough to evenly combine. Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Mix pecans, 1/4 cup sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 504 cal
- 27.3 g
- 61.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"OMG!!! THIS WAS SO GOOD AND VERY EASY TO MAKE. MY DAUGHTER HAS A NUT ALLERGY SO I OMITTED THE PECANS. I ALSO ADDED A 1/2 CUP OF WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS AND A 1/2 CUP OF SEMI SWEET CHIPS TO THE BATTER......" See more.WOW WHAT A TASTE DIFFERENCE!!!!! I WILL DEFIANTLY MAKE THIS AGAIN!!!!"
"My hubby loved this! It was delicious and easy. I made it as written with the exception that I didn't have a 9" springform pan. I put it in a cake pan I had and it finished baking in about 30 minut..." See morees. Very good coffee cake."
Banana Chocolate Chip Cake
Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.