Curry Root Vegetable Pot Pie3 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“I fell in love with the curry vegetable pot pie at a local but very pricey bakery, so I decided to try and make my own version! This is what I came up with using a few other recipes as guidelines. I think it's even better than what I was trying to mimic. Any combination of squash, sweet potato, potato, carrots, parsnips, turnips, rutabaga, pumpkin etc. will do. I can recommend highly a combination of sweet potato, mini red potatoes, parsnips, and carrots.” - by twogingers
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place sweet potato, red potatoes, parsnips, and carrots in a roasting pan. Toss with olive oil; season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast sweet potato mixture in the preheated oven until vegetables are slightly softened, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion until slightly softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add sweet potato mixture and 2 more tablespoons butter; season with salt and black pepper. Cook and stir until butter is melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Heat vegetable broth and milk together in a separate saucepan over medium heat until mixture is almost at a boil.
- Stir flour and curry powder into sweet potato mixture until evenly coated. Gradually pour broth mixture into sweet potato mixture; stir until liquid is thickened, about 3 minutes. Divide mixture among four pot pie dishes. Top each with a puff pastry square.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pastry is golden brown and puffed, 17 to 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 518 cal
- 31.6 g
- 52.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I made my own pie crust instead of the puff pastry. I roasted the veggies and heated the stock and milk as described. Then I made a roux with the butter and flour and added curry and onions. Then d..." See morerizzled in the milk and stock. Then added the sauce to the veggies. I enjoyed this very much and will make again for sure. Yumm!"
"We loved this recipe! It came out wonderful. I didn't skin red potatoes and the skin was actually quite delicious in the pot pie - i added some cayenne and used red onions, I added some seared chicken..." See more thighs and used 1% milk and only 1 tbsp butter (but extra oil from cooking the chicken). It was delicious!! (might add some green peas next time!)"
Easy Vegetable Pot Pie
Guinness(R) Steak Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.