Classico® Eggplant Parmesan5 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“For this low-calorie, low-fat version of the decadent meatless classic, the eggplant is baked, not fried.” - by Classico
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a small bowl combine egg, milk, and pepper. In another bowl stir together cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and dried parsley flakes.
- Dip eggplant slices in the milk mixture to coat, then dip both sides in the cracker mixture.
- Lightly coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange eggplant in dish.
- In a bowl stir together Classico® Four Cheese pasta sauce, oregano, and garlic; pour over eggplant.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes or until eggplant is tender. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes more.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 281 cal
- 11 g
- 33 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"I used Panko Bread Crumbs instead of the crackers, minus the pepper and parsley flakes (because I don't care for them), so I can't say it was a 5 if I didn't use the exact ingredients. It was deliciou..." See mores! Super easy to make. Just a long time in the oven, but worth not frying the eggplant. Will definitely make again."
"delicious. I used a mixture of corn flakes and saltines for the breading. Definitely making this again...." See more"
"Surprisingly good for something so simple. For any basic eggplant recipe, I always recommend that you lightly salt the slices to allow them to sweat out the bitter juices before cooking. Sprinkle both..." See more sides of each slice of eggplant with salt and allow to sit for about 10 minutes. Wipe off the liquid with a paper towel before dipping in the egg dip. I used whole grain saltines and freshly grated Romano cheese. Pretty good."
Beans with Eggplant and Rice
Classico Eggplant Rollatini
Just swipe to see more like this.