Classico Eggplant Rollatini0 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Ready In: 58 min
“A quick stint on the grill gives eggplant slices a pleasing hint of smoke. Serve with a tartly dressed green salad.” - by Classico
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Trim tops and bottoms from eggplant. Cut each into 6 lengthwise slices, about 1/2-inch thick. Spread slices onto 2 large cookie sheets lined with paper towels. Sprinkle slices with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, then turn slices over and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Let stand 15 minutes, flipping slices halfway.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Quickly rinse eggplant slices under running water; pat dry. Spray both sides with nonstick cooking spray. Grill slices until softened and nicely marked, about 4 minutes per side. Return slices (do not overlap) to large cookie sheets (without paper towels).
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl, stir together 3/4 cup of the mozzarella, the ricotta, egg yolk, Italian seasoning and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Divide red pepper pieces evenly among eggplant slices, placing them on the wider end of each slice. Top each pepper with a heaping tablespoon of cheese filling. Place 1/2 cup of the Classico® Four Cheese pasta sauce on the bottom of the prepared dish. Roll up eggplant slices, starting at the wide end and enclosing filling. Place in dish. Top with remaining 1 cup Classico® Four Cheese pasta sauce, remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella and the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Remove to wire rack and cool at least 10 minutes before serving. Add salt to taste.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 308 cal
- 16 g
- 19.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Mile-High Lasagna Pie
Eggplant Parmesan II
Just swipe to see more like this.