Cavatini II130 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 10 min
“My Aunt Norma gave me this recipe, and my husband and I love it! Easy to substitute your favorite ingredients like a can of drained black olives.” - by RUMOUR
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- In a large saucepan, combine green pepper, onion, pepperoni, mushrooms, tomato paste, spaghetti sauce, and garlic. Cover, and simmer for one hour.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together pasta, ricotta, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, and Parmesan. In a 9x13 inch baking dish, alternate pasta and cheese mixture and sauce mixture, ending with sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 476 cal
- 25.9 g
- 36.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (130)Rate This Recipe
"This is an excellent cavatini! Changes: I use much less pepperoni and add 1 lb of Italian sausage. I cook the onion, green pepper, and mushrooms with the sausage and add a can of sliced black olives, ..." See moredrained. I use rotini pasta only and mix it in with the meat sauce, I hate naked pasta. I mix the ricotta and 2 cups mozzerella together and add a beaten egg. Then put half the pasta mixture in the pan, then half the cheese mixture, the remaining pasta and then remaining cheese. I put an additional cup of mozzerella on top and sprinkle with Parmesan. Add garlic toast and a bottle of red wine and you've got a festive and FUN dinner. Bueno!"
"I'm Janice, the submitter of this recipe. Just wanted you folks to know that you can add 2 more cups of pasta to stretch this recipe (as it was originally written). Howled when I read the comment abou..." See moret taking off the plastic wrap of the pepperoni...did the same thing the very first time I made it!!!"
"If I could give this more stars I would, my husband and I loved this!!! I added a pound of Italian sausage. I really liked how the cheesy mixture sticks to the noodles. Sooooo good! It took me about 1..." See more hour and 30 minutes to assemble everything. I like to pick meals that allow me to cook once on the weekend and then take leftovers to lunch. I get tired of taking sandwiches. This will make a great leftover. Thank you for the great recipe."
Baked Ziti IV
Just swipe to see more like this.