Nana's Zucchini Quiche4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Great dish and any vegetable can be added as desired. Good way to use up about-to-go-bad produce...” - by 4everwill
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Fit pie crust into a pie dish and prick the bottom of the crust with a fork. Bake in the preheated oven for 7 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking until crust is golden, 8 to 10 more minutes.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir zucchini, carrots, and mushrooms until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes; drain. Place half the zucchini mixture in the crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Combine ricotta cheese, half-and-half, eggs, salt, oregano, basil, garlic powder, and pepper in a large bowl. Pour ricotta mixture into crust, top with remaining zucchini mixture and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake quiche in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 453 cal
- 29.8 g
- 25 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I made this following the recipe pretty closely. Used quite a bit more seasoning than called for and a blend of pepper jack, havarti and sharp cheddar as I'm not much a fan of mozzarella. The pie is v..." See moreery creamy, not wet at all and the vegies on top get a little browned. I liked the flavor a lot; being in a fall mode. Is very filling & would make a great brunch, lunch or dinner dish."
"Very tasty. However, it was a bit runny. Next time, I'll reduce the half-and-half to 1/2 C, not 3/4 C. (Actually I used milk, and the taste was excellent.) I think that'll solve the problem perfectly...." See more I also shredded the zucchini, since it was a lot faster to do than slicing it. Another change for next time: 2 med zucchinis instead of the 3 used. I added steamed broccoli and spinach, which added some lovely green to the quiche. Yum!"
Zucchini Lasagna With Beef and Sausage
Bread Crust Zucchini Quiche
Just swipe to see more like this.