Man vs. Meat Stromboli1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 55 min
“Get ready to feed a crowd with this meaty stromboli. With ground beef, salami, coppa ham, pepperoni, and plenty of mozzarella and provolone cheese, this calzone-like sandwich is sure to satisfy.” - by marriedtoacook
Original recipe yields 32 servings
- Place bread dough in a large, lightly oiled bowl and allow dough to rise in a warm location until doubled in size, 2 to 3 hours. Punch down dough and roll each loaf into a 12x15-inch rectangle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir ground beef, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, salt, and black pepper until beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over bread dough. Spread about half the tomato sauce over the mozzarella cheese.
- Layer the seasoned ground beef, provolone cheese, salami, pepperoni, and coppa ham on top and spread remaining half of the tomato sauce over the meat. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese and Romano cheese over tomato sauce.
- Roll each portion into a log, beginning with the long side. Press and seal the seam and ends of each roll; arrange rolls seam-side down on prepared baking sheets. Brush with egg yolk.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving (32 total)
- 349 cal
- 16.7 g
- 28.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Great hearty recipe had to use deli ham and hunts tomato sauce not many Italians up but it was Deiicious especially with my homemade minestrone soup..." See more"
Meat and Veggie Stromboli
Nanny's Meat and Artichoke Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.