Gorilla Bread4 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This is a vamped-up version of monkey bread. Amazingly delicious, and so tempting to the sweet tooth. If you want to be generous, the cream cheese adds some protein too!” - by canningal
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch tube pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch tube pan.
- Cut bread dough apart 2 1/2-inch pieces. Chop cream cheese into 1/2-inch cubes. Flatten the same number of dough pieces into small circles as you have pieces of cream cheese (reserve remaining dough). Fold a piece of cream cheese into each flattened dough circle and pinch the seams closed. Roll all the filled and unfilled pieces of dough into balls.
- Combine sugar with cinnamon in a bowl and roll all the dough balls in the cinnamon sugar; set aside. Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a saucepan, reduce heat, and simmer for 1 minute.
- Layer half the filled and unfilled dough balls with half the walnuts and raisins in the prepared tube pan; pour half the brown sugar syrup over the mixture. Layer remaining dough balls, walnuts, and raisins into the pan and pour remaining syrup over the gorilla bread.
- Bake gorilla bread in the preheated oven until golden brown and the dough has baked through, 35 to 45 minutes. Let bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a serving platter. To serve, pull the bread apart.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 719 cal
- 29.1 g
- 103.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I haven't baked them yet, But I will be making this recipe and I will use a batch of dough from my bread machine. Thanks for posting!..." See more"
"This was hit with my family! they were asking if i could make again tomorrow. the hardest thing was waiting for it to come out of the oven...." See more"
Chef John's Banana Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.