Butternut Squash Gratin0 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This is an amazing side dish for Thanksgiving, the holidays, or anytime. There are never any leftovers when I make this.” - by lyss8
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a gratin baking dish with butter.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil in a large skillet over low heat; add onions and sage. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are browned, about 25 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add squash, cover, and steam until tender, 10 to 20 minutes. Transfer squash to prepared gratin dish; toss with garlic and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Add the caramelized onions to the pan and gently mix to combine.
- Warm cream in a saucepan over low heat; pour over squash mixture. Stir to coat. Combine bread crumbs and 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter together in a bowl; sprinkle over squash mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until gratin is bubbling and breadcrumbs are browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 176 cal
- 10.1 g
- 21.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Simple Roasted Butternut Squash
Amazing Butternut Squash
Just swipe to see more like this.