Easy Tea-Poached Chicken With Rice0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 9 hr 5 min
“A new way to cook a whole chicken. It's a one-pot meal that's very satisfying and warming.” - by Angie Audreys Yumma
Original recipe yields 1 whole chicken
- Rub chicken with 1/4 cup kosher salt, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix short-grain rice, peanuts, apricots, and ginger together in a bowl; stuff the rice mixture into the chicken cavity. Tie legs together with a piece of kitchen twine.
- Pour chicken broth and water into a large soup pot and bring to a boil. Place chicken into the boiling mixture, breast side down; drop tea bags into the liquid. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer chicken for 45 minutes, turning chicken over in the broth after 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from broth, transfer rice stuffing to a bowl, and cut chicken into quarters. Discard tea bags; strain broth, reserving any rice. Stir in soy sauce to taste and season to taste with salt. Serve chicken on a platter garnished with cilantro, with broth and rice stuffing on the side.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 767 cal
- 41.5 g
- 52.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Mama's Asian Chicken and Rice
Easy and Delicious Chicken and Rice Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.