Eggless Date Cake0 Reviews
“A recipe I started making for my Muslim friends for when they celebrate Eid, and I was able to share with my Sikh grandmother who is vegetarian and doesn't eat eggs. I got the original recipe from an Indian cooking blog, but modified it to the recipe I currently use below. Now it's my most requested cake no matter what the occasion! Delicious on its own, with a cup of tea, or warmed up and topped with vanilla ice cream!” - by MGPaneer
Original recipe yields 1 loaf
- Heat milk in a saucepan until almost boiling and stir in dates; let soak for several hours, refrigerated. For best flavor, refrigerate dates and milk overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a medium loaf pan.
- Transfer milk and dates to food processor, add brown sugar, and process into a smooth paste. Mix in vegetable oil and vanilla extract with a few pulses.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and cinnamon in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Pulse flour mixture, about 1/4 cup at a time, into the date paste until batter is smooth; do not overmix. Stir walnuts into batter with a fork and transfer to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 320 cal
- 16.7 g
- 41.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Date Nut Loaf Cake
Tanya's Date Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.