Authentic Elvis Burgers2 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“A friend raved about trying these on holiday and I had to try replicating them at home. Being Australian, I'm not sure how authentic they are, but they're definitely delicious.” - by why_in_the_heck
Original recipe yields 4 burgers
- Divide ground beef into 4 patties, sprinkle with salt and black pepper, and set aside.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels and keep warm. Cook onion in the bacon drippings until lightly browned, about 10 minutes, stirring often; sprinkle with sugar during frying if desired. Set onion aside.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Open hamburger buns and place onto a baking sheet with cut sides up; toast under the broiler until browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Set buns aside.
- Pan fry ground beef patties in the same skillet as onions until browned and the juices run clear, 5 to 8 minutes per side. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center of a burger should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Place a slice of Cheddar cheese onto each patty and allow cheese to melt.
- To assemble, spread peanut butter onto bottom halves of buns; spread ketchup onto top halves. Top the peanut butter with pickle slices, cooked onion, burgers with cheese, a slice of bacon, several tomato slices, and about 1/4 cup shredded lettuce per sandwich.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 581 cal
- 32.7 g
- 33.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"one person said they gave this 4 stars, Did she actually try it? she said gave 4 stars because I did not use all the ingredients listed. In place of the pickle, lettuce and tomato we had sauteed mush..." See moreroom, onion and peppers. I also added some fried banana. Left out the sugar and salt and pepper and substituted american for the cheddar cheese"
"My husband had a burger like this while we were on vacation in DE and he loved it. I gave 4 stars because I did not use all the ingredients listed. In place of the pickle, lettuce and tomato we had s..." See moreauteed mushroom, onion and peppers. I also added some fried banana. Left out the sugar and salt and pepper and substituted american for the cheddar cheese. Actually, we all had a little different version, my daughter only had the bacon, cheese, and peanut butter. I opted to forego the bacon. Overall, everyone enjoyed these and in spite of the high calories, we will make again."
Big Bad Burgers
Mushroom Bacon Burgers from Campbell's Kitchen
Just swipe to see more like this.