Millet Pie1 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This is the best meatless meat pie you'll ever have! Millet and oats are the base, Christmas meat pie spices are the secret! Even non-vegetarians will be fooled! This makes a pretty big pie, it is possible to make two with this much filling. Serve with ketchup, fruit, onion chutney, or anything that means 'Holidays' to you!” - by kphanie
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring 1 cup water and oats to a boil in a saucepan; reduce heat and simmer until water is absorbed, 10 minutes. Bring 1 1/2 cups water and millet to a boil in a separate saucepan; reduce heat and simmer until water is absorbed and millet is tender, 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine oats, millet, onion, carrot, celery, potato, safflower oil, tamari, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and black pepper together in a large bowl; mix well.
- Press 1 pie crust pastry into a 9-inch pie pan. Pour filling into pie crust. Top with second pie crust pastry; pinch edges together. Pierce a few areas of the top crust to allow pie to ventilate during baking. Brush top crust with beaten egg.
- Bake pie in the preheated oven until crust is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 340 cal
- 16.8 g
- 40 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Great taste! I cut the amount of tamari sauce in half. The allspice, nutmeg and cloves provide an unexpected pleasure. I used steel cut oats, and Thanks for the recipe!those could be changed for roll..." See moreed oats. This was too much filling for one 9" pie, so next time, I will make this a one crust pie in a casserole dish The kinds of vegetables can be varied, so I will be making this at other times with different ones. Thanks for the recipe!"
To-Die-For Chicken Pot Pie
Apricot Raisin Pie with Stevia
Just swipe to see more like this.