Chuck's Super Chili0 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 1 hr 50 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 30 min
“This chili is slightly sweet with a touch of heat; the wine gives it a different taste. Everyone in my family loves this chili. I've won a couple of work chili cook-offs with this recipe and done well in some larger cook-offs as well.” - by CEM61565
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in Italian sausage and ground sirloin. Cook and stir until meat is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Transfer meat to a large Dutch oven; place over medium-high heat. Stir in chopped onion; add red, yellow, and green bell peppers, garlic, and jalapeno peppers. Cook and stir until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in chili powder, brown sugar, cumin, tomato paste, oregano, salt, black pepper, and bay leaves. Cook and stir until fragrant, about 3 minutes more.
- Stirring constantly, pour in wine, chopped tomatoes and their juice, kidney beans, tomato sauce, and chopped chipotle chiles in sauce. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- Uncover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 30 minutes. Discard bay leaves before serving.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 282 cal
- 13.5 g
- 18.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Habanero Hellfire Chili
Just swipe to see more like this.