Cinnamon Mocha Sheet Cake6 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 18 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 48 min
“Moist, rich, and chocolatey, flavored with cinnamon and espresso coffee. I first made this when I was 14 and it was gone in no time! It's still a family favorite!” - by hobbyzu
Original recipe yields 1 10x15-inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10x15-inch jelly roll pan.
- Melt 1 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in 1/3 cup cocoa powder, water, and espresso powder; mix until smooth.
- Combine white sugar, brown sugar, flour, 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and baking soda in a mixing bowl. Pour in the butter-cocoa mixture, vanilla extract, 1/2 cup milk, and eggs. Mix until fully incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared baking sheet
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cake springs back when touched lightly with a finger, about 18 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack.
- To make the icing, melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan or in the microwave. Transfer melted butter to a mixing bowl. Whisk in 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, coffee, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon milk. Slowly mix in the sifted confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth; add milk as needed to reach the consistency you like. Spread the icing over the cooled cake. For easier serving, score the icing before cutting the cake: mark lines as a guide before you start to cut, and divide the cake into 32 pieces.
Amount Per Serving (32 total)
- 183 cal
- 7.8 g
- 27.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"A delish cake for mocha and cinnamon lovers. The mocha and cinnamon go great together and weren't overpowering. A very good cake, indeed. Just make sure to not over beat and over bake. The texture of ..." See morethe cake is light and fluffy. I dare you to try it!"
"Mine came out dry so next time I will try taking out of the oven a little early to see if that helps..." See more"
Texas Sheet Cake V
Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.