Summer Tomato Pie14 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This is a simple but delicious side dish. It could also be a main course for a vegetarian. It's great for using all those wonderful summer tomatoes from the garden! You can change the cheeses to fit your taste as well as the seasoning. Blue cheese and fennel, Swiss cheese and thyme, Gouda and dill, whatever your favorites are.” - by Elizabeth
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Press pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan; prick bottom and sides with fork.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place tomatoes in a single layer of a colander; sprinkle with salt. Let sit for about 10 minutes to release moisture. Blot excess moisture with a paper towel. Arrange 1 layer of tomato slices around the bottom of the cooled pie crust, overlapping the slices. Sprinkle half the garlic and half the basil onto tomato layer. Sprinkle half the Cheddar cheese and half the mozzarella cheese over basil layer. Repeat layering with remaining tomatoes, garlic, basil, Cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Spread mayonnaise over the top mozzarella cheese layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 221 cal
- 16.5 g
- 13.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"Super easy, fast and best of all delicious!..." See more"
"My Husband made this yesterday and everyone loved it. We have already decided to have it this weekend. What a great dish to take to pot lucks and parties!..." See more"
Summer Tomato Casserole
Parmesan Tomato Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.